Code of Ethics for Home Inspection Services
Honesty, Integrity and Objectivity are the pillars driving the ethical conduct of home inspection service. Inspectors shall comply with this Code of Ethics, avoid association with any enterprise whose practices violate this Code, and shall strive to uphold, maintain, and improve every aspect of home inspection profession.
1. Inspectors shall perform services and express opinions based on genuine conviction and only within their areas of education, training, or experience.
2. Inspectors will use written contract that specifies the scope of work & its limitations of service & fee.
3. Inspectors shall avoid conflicts of interest or activities that compromise, or appear to compromise, professional independence, objectivity, or inspection integrity.
4. Inspectors shall not receive compensation for an inspection from more than one party unless agreed to by the client(s).
5. Inspectors shall not accept compensation, directly or indirectly, for recommending contractors, services, or products to inspection clients or other parties having an interest in inspected properties.
6. Bribery and corruption is a strict no; Inspectors are prohibited from offering, soliciting, or accepting bribes and other improper financial advantages.
7. Inspectors shall not disclose inspection results or client information without client approval.
8. Inspectors shall always act in the interest of client, unless doing so violates law.
9. Inspectors shall avoid activities that may harm the public, discredit themselves, or reduce public confidence in the profession.
10. As applicable, Inspectors shall comply with all government rules where he/she conducts inspection.